This IKEA Hack Will Help You Add More Hygge into Your Home
Question: Who doesn’t love a good IKEA hack?! Answer: Everyone loves them, and this bench is not only an IKEA hack, but also an Amazon prime hack! Two of our favorite quick and easy stores come together to create a simple piece that adds more hygge into your life. If you’re like, “WTF is hygge” - we understand; we used to be you. It’s a Danish word (pronounced hue-gah) that encompasses the feeling or mood that comes with the warm, cozy comforts of a home. And in our opinions, what’s more comfy than a fur bench? We suggest adding this piece to your foyer to create a quick place to rest, put on your shoes, and breath in the hygge before heading out for your busy day.
- three IKEA fur rugs
- staple gun
- gold spray paint
- fabric scissors
- Place the bench on top of a fur pelt and trace the bottom edge. Draw a parallel line four inches above to finish off the top and then cut out.
- Trace this cutout piece on the same fur pelt for the other side of the bench.
- Staple gun these pieces to either side of the bench.
- Grab your second fur pelt and cut off the edges to create a 20 x 30-inch rectangle.
- Tuck edges into the side creases of the bench, and then staple gun the fur to the bottom edge of the bench.
- Cut the last fur pelt in half and use these to cover the arms. Tuck the fabric into the creases of the bench and then staple gun to the bottom edge.
- Use extra fur from the first pelt to cut circles for the arms and any extra areas that need to be covered. Staple gun in place.
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Photography: Brittany Griffin